How To Access PowerSchoolPowerschool is where you can find current grades for all classes that your student is taking. You can see the overall grade for the class, as well as grades for each assignment.
From A Computer
- Click the blue box at the top of the page (or click here).
- Enter your given username and password in the appropriate fields (NOTE: The username and password are not the same as your school username and password).
- Your child’s current grades are displayed under the very first column (to the right of each course).
- You can see all assignments (and their respective grades) for a course by clicking on the current grade for the course.
- Click here, or search for “PowerGrades” in the App Store on your device to download the FREE app.
- In the “PowerSchool Address” field, type:
- Enter your given username and password in the appropriate fields.
- Your child’s current grades are displayed to the right of each course.
- To retrieve an updated copy of your child’s grades, simply pull down on the list of courses, and release it once you see the message at the top of the list.
- You can see all assignments (and their respective grades) for a course by tapping on it.
- You can reveal the amount of points an assignment is worth by tapping and holding your finger on an assignment.
How To Access MoodleMoodle is where you can find assignments for all classes your student is taking. If you want to check to see if your student has homework tonight, Moodle is the place to look. Teachers also use Moodle to post details and resources for projects and other activities in the class.
How to Get Text Messages* of HTLA AnnouncementsUsing Twitter (* standard text messaging fees apply)
- Log in to your Twitter account (or sign up if you don't have one)
- Click here and enter your mobile phone number. You will have to verify it. After you're done, on that same page, make sure "Tweets from people you've enabled for mobile notifications" is checked.
- Click this button: Follow @HighTechLA to follow us.
- Click here to go to the HighTechLA Twitter page.
- To the right of the "Following" button is another button. Click it and then click "Turn on mobile notifications" from the drop-down menu.
- That's it! You will now receive any announcement that we post to Facebook or Twitter as a text message on your mobile phone.
How to Receive Assistance if You Have a Concern or Question
If you have a concern or complaint that does not warrant filing a formal Uniform Complaint (Parent-Student Handbook:)
1. Call the Main Office at 818-609-2640
2. Email the principal at firstname.lastname@example.org